I have no idea what it's like to be far away from the comforts of home, in a completely new state, seeking medical care for my sick child. I have no idea. But as a mom, I can certainly imagine how difficult that would be on me, my husband, and our children. The emotional toll alone would be horrible, but than the physical toll of being in a hospital room for hours upon hours would just add to it. I pray that my children stay healthy and we just have to deal with the occasional cold or virus!
So although I can not empathize with families who are going through this, I can most certainly sympathize, and so can the #mlhseniorrolemodels team. Which is why we have chosen to support the Ronald McDonald House in Charlotte, a charity organization that provides affordable living for families in need while their loved ones are recieving treatment at a local children's hospital.
We decided to create an event, in which we could come together with family, friends, and others in the community to raise money to support RMH in Charlotte. The idea of creating a walk-a-thon was an easy decision. Any form of exercise falls right in line with your mission to "live a life-well lived." We believe in the crazy awesome health benefits of exercising daily. The walk-a-thon is also an event that anyone can participate in. Whether you are a super cross fit athlete or just a casual street walker or a mom who rocks out pushing those kiddos in the stroller! This event is for YOU!
Will you help the 2018 Genuine Team? Will you make a difference in our community?
If you answered yes, then register for the Laps of Love Walk-A-Thon! Here are some details:
- The Walk-A-Thon will be on Saturday, November 4 at FairView Park in Monroe, NC.
- 100% of the registration fees will go to the Ronald McDonald House.
- Our goal is to host 200 walkers and raise $3000, which could provide 3 families with a full week's stay in the house.
- The walk will be approximately 1-3 miles Strollers are wlecome!
- Early registration is OPEN NOW for walkers ages 14-65. Children ages 13 and under can walk for free with an adult participant who is at least 18 years old.
- All walkers will recieve t-shirts, bags, and more! If you register for the event early, you get to choose your t-shirt size! :)
- There will be photo ops with our model team, Ronald McDonald characters, and lots of energy and love surrounding!
to let us know that you are on our team. If you can't make the walk, you are welcome to donate as little as $1 to the cause! There is a donate button located at the top of the page. We are incredibly thankful for your support!
We are also thankful for the incredible businesses who are sponsoring this event!! Without their kindness this event would not be possible.
We are STILL seeking sponsorship. We have a variety of levels and as low as $50. If your business would like to be AWESOME and help out please email firstname.lastname@example.org